This truly is the most important question to answer. Forget the finances for a minute. Why did you even begin to consider purchasing a home? For most, the reason has nothing to do with finances. A study by the Joint Center for Housing Studies at Harvard University reveals that the four major reasons people buy a home have nothing to do with money:
- A good place to raise children and for them to get a good education
- A place where you and your family feel safe
- More space for you and your family
- Control of the space
When looking at future housing values, Home Price Expectation Survey provides a fair assessment. Every quarter, Pulsenomics surveys a nationwide panel of over one hundred economists, real estate experts and investment & market strategists about where prices are headed over the next five years. They then average the projections of all 100+ experts into a single number. Here is what the experts projected in the latest survey:
- Home values will appreciate by 4% in 2015.
- The cumulative appreciation will be 23.5% by 2019.
- Even the experts making up the most bearish quartile of the survey still are projecting a cumulative appreciation of over 15.1% by 2019.
Bottom LineOnly you and your family can know for certain the right time to purchase a home. Answering these questions will help you make that decision, As a real estate professional, based upon the data and what is actually happening in the Colorado Real Estate Market, it is definitely a great time and a smart financial move to purchase your home now.
For help finding your dream home and that perfect house for you or selling your home for top value, call Carrie Lukins, SellState Alliance Realty today at 719-651-2199 or visit